Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Cauliflower Soup

As I indicated in my Detox Update post, last week I made a Hearty Lentil Soup that ended up being far too big a batch and I was left eating it for several days in a row.

Ever since I took up cooking, I found it a challenge to make dishes that are for 2.5 people (my daughter is only 4 and eats like a bird).

Given last weeks experience, my focus today was on making a Cauliflower soup that would only be for 3 people and I mostly succeeded. I haven't made this very simple and plain soup for a long time but best of all is that it took me all of 40 minutes from start to finish.

Ingredients (Serves 3)

½ cauliflower, cut into florets and stem chopped
1 carrot, peeled and chopped
1 stick celery, trimmed and chopped
1 onion, peeled and finely chopped
2 garlic, peeled and finely chopped
1.2 litre stock

Method

In a saucepan add garlic, onion, carrot, celery and one cup of water. On medium-low heat saute for 10 minutes. Add more water as needed.

Add stock and cauliflower, bring to boil, then simmer for 20 minutes.

Serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment