Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Poached Fish With Cabbage

Whilst searching for another recipe on the internet (not that I remember what that was anymore) I came across this healthy eating website with very simple recipes: www.whfoods.org.  I subscribed to it and for the last 12 months I've been collecting recipes in my inbox thinking one day I will do one of them.

Well finally I did with a little tweaking.  The outcome looked soupy, perhaps a little boring (I can never figure how to make fish have some flavour and well, cabbage is just cabbage) but boy was I wrong.  It was the yummiest fish dish I have possibly ever had, except maybe the coconut fish in the oven that hubby made many moons ago.

If you're a calorie counter consider that this dish has a total of only 180 calories.  Good for me as I finalised my detox and am looking at a lifestyle change with my cooking.  It was a good start with this dish, that's for sure.

Give it a whirl and tell me what you think.

Ingredients

4 garlic cloves, peeled and finely chopped
0.5 small cabbage, shredded
3 fillets of white basa or cod fish and cut into 2.5cm pieces
500ml chicken stock
1 tablespoon minced ginger
1 leek, finely sliced
1 tablespoon lime juice concentrate
100g mung bean sprouts, roughly chopped
1 red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
salt and white pepper to taste

Method

In a large deep frying pan, heat one tablespoon of the stock and saute the ginger and fish for 2 minutes, stirring occasionally.

Add the rest of the stock, bring to a boil and then simmer on low heat for 3 minutes.

Add the remainder of the ingredients and cook on medium-low for a further 3 minutes.

Serve with cracked pepper and dried chilli flakes for a punchier flavour.

Enjoy.


No comments:

Post a Comment