Monday, March 11, 2013

Detox Update

Last week I posted my Hearty Lentil Soup and talked about a need to detoxify our liver and focus on our wellbeing.  I thought I'd make a few more soups throughout the week, however, what I didn't anticipate is how big the pot of lentil soup I made nor that I would be the one mostly eating it.  Needless to say I didn't cook for the rest of the week.  Lucky I love my soups, even if it's the same one for a few days in a row.

Anyway, here's a bit of an update on our detox results.  The one coffee in the morning didn't work (it's a long macchiato, meaning too quick to drink) so we upped it to two but we don't have anymore for the rest of the day except on the weekend when we have friends around and even then it is a decaf.

Last week, a typical day was 2 coffees to wake-up followed by a fruit based juice with one teaspoon of psyllium husk (a soluble fibre that aids with making you feel full and keep you regular).  Lunchtime consisted of a bowl of soup for me whilst hubby grabbed lunch at work.  Afternoon tea included a sliced banana topped with one scoop of yoghurt, one tablespoon of LSA mix (linseed, sunflower and almonds bought at your local supermarket in the health section) and drizzled with honey.  Dinner was a dose of vegetable based juice followed by a handful of nuts mid-evening.  We finish the evening with a cup of herbal tea.

For me the detox has had the desired result of feeling better, energetic (was suffering a lot of sluggishness for the last couple of months) and loss of 2.5kg (which I put on since the last detox in May last year - see May 2012 which includes the four posts reporting on my detox exercise along with several soups I made during that period).

I was surprised that I lost more weight this time round in one week than last year.  I was certainly more stringent the last time.  All I can figure is perhaps it's just like working out.  Your muscles remember and they get into action much quicker following the first time.  I guess my body remembered the last detox and it's expelling all that is unnecessary at a faster rate this time round.

With one more week to go, I look forward to more surprises.  Stay tuned.

If you are interested in the juices we have been mixing, leave me a comment and I'll whip up a post with some newbies.  In the meantime check out the Top 10 Juices from my last detox.

Cheers.


No comments:

Post a Comment